Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Where I'm coming from; a brief profile

17 JULY 2007 Since this is a brand new blog, I have chosen today to relate a part of my story and background which paints a picture of who I am, and why I am writing this blog. I have worked 23.5 years for a rather large and notorious U.S. Government Agency. This, when added to the 4 years I spent on Active Duty with the military means I have 27.5 years as a Federal Government Employee. Nearly 8 years ago I accepted an extra duty assignment as an office resource person and a 'Super-User' for several of the Computer Systems and Computerized programs which we use in this rather large and notorious U.S. Government Agency. My responsibilities were to help my fellow employees navigate through these ss="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_0">sometimes user unfriendly, but necessary systems; and to assist them in resolving whatever problems might come up. As you know, if you've ever worked on a computer; and I assume that you have, because you are reading this post online; how frustrating and disconcerting it can be when computer problems come. It today's world you can't live without technology; and many times you can't live with it either. If you job depends on using a computer systme, and you encounter problems such as: forgetting a password, or having the system crash; not having the proper codes to access the information that you are needing; it can be disconcerting at best. It can fill a person with anxiety and can ruin their outlook for the entire day. My discovery was when I sat down with these people and helped them resolve their problems and issues with these somewhat "unfriendly and contankerous" systems that it did something for me. It lifted me up and gave me a charge of exhilaration which propelled me through the day. It gave me new meaning and purpose to my job. It certainly was for me, a great motivator. Recently, upon arrival at the Chicago Greyhound Bus Terminal, being concerned about the departure of the bus that I would need to take to continue my journey. I went over to the large television monitor on which they have listed the Departures and Arrivals. All of a sudden, an individual who was out of breath, and very obviously anxious about catching his next bus asked me if I could help him read the screen. In a matter of a half a minute or less I showed him when his bus would be departing and at what gate he should wait for it. The look of gratitude that came over his face, his expression of thanks, and sigh of relief were a blessing to me. I had made that person's day, and his response certainly made my day. I will be sharing about the task of building a Network Marketing business and relating it to the light that I've gathered and the experiences that I've had thoughout my 54 years thus far on this planet. If I can help you succeed in your endeavor; If I can help you change your life, then I will have intense fulfillment, and my life will be the better for it

No comments: