Many times at the beginning of a new year, we want to make resolutions. We are tempted to look at the big things in our lives that need changing, and we attempt to work on these big items. Because we have a tendency, at times to bite off more than we can chew, and certainly many times more than we swallow we fail, and go down in flames. We are discouraged, and frightened away from ever again trying to change our lives for the better.
Instead of focusing on the big issues, maybe it would be better to work on the little things in our everyday lives that we can do something about. The magic is that when we begin to beautify the little, or simple areas of our lives that our Heavenly Father will see to it that the big areas are changing too!
- Wake up being thankful that God has given you another day of life
- Every day say some nice and loving to a child
- Determine that you will reach out to others and encourage them
- Work harder today than you did yesterday
- Play harder today than you did yesterday
Simplicity is really the best way!