Monday, August 6, 2007

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: I HATE IT!

In our day and age, the 21st century, the concept of being politically correct, or the state of politcal correctness is much in style. The idea that one can't say things a certain way, or have certain opinions or risk being shunned as being a pariah, apparently has taken over much of our society. I don't know about you, but I HATE it! I am not a politcally correct person, and I dont care! In fact I'm glad I'm not 'pc'.

I remember the first time I was exposed to political correctness. I was in the Army in the first half of the 1980's. I was stationed in the Federal Republic of Germany (West) This was about 5 years before the Wall came down. There was a Staff Sargent (SSG) Hardy, who was one of my superiors. He had a habit of always saying to people, "Right Answer" if it was something that was what they wanted to here, or "wrong answer" if it was something that they didn't want to hear. I always felt funny about that. I have always been, and will always be a great believer in saying exactly how it is on your mind. Of course being tactful, but there is no right way or wrong way of saying anything. I don't want to feel like I am walking on eggshells, or I am having to look over my back.. I WANT TO Be MYSELF!!

You should be yourself when you are relationship building in your Network Marking Business. If you are putting on airs, or trying to be Something other than what you are; the whom you are trying to prospect or build a relationship with will pick it up, and it will hinder trust from developing which is key in relationship building.

No comments: