Saturday, February 2, 2013

IF YOU FAIL, GET UP AGAIN!

       Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, "Our greatest glory, is NOT in never failing; but in RISING every time you fail."  The HOLY BIBLE, God's Word, says it like this:  "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delighteth in his way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand.  (Psalm 37: 23, 24)

     I believe that success, in any venture, is begun with failure.  For when a person begins from scratch, as a novice, he is bound to make some screw-ups which result in that person falling to the ground and encountering failure.  I remember well, in my childhood, when I was learning to ride a two-wheel bike, without training wheels, around the corner of the block that I was circling around was a bush which had thorns or pickers.  Invariably when I would turn that corner, I was prone to falling. And I did, several times, right on that bush with the pickers.  I didn't stay down.  I got up.  The fall, just made me try all the harder to stay on the bicycle.  And it wasn't to long before I was able to ride that bike where ever I wanted to go without falling.  That's the way it is in life.  It is natural to go through rough spots, and at times - failure.   -   
      
       Failure is not a pleasant thing to go through.  But when we are in the middle of it, it becomes a learning experience.  Our eyes are open wide as we strive to see how the failure happened, and we strive to discover the path to take so that our result will be different.  We become experienced, battle-hardened veterans.  We perform better, more consistently and our failures become a rarer occurrence. So my message is, not to glorify failure, or mediocrity.  Let your failures in life take you FORWARD.  If you FALL, Get Up Again. 

No comments: