Tuesday, February 26, 2013

SPRING IS COMING SOON!

    Ever since I can remember Spring has been my favorite season of the year.  Every year, I look forward to seeing my first Robin Redbreast which is a harbinger of spring;   I look forward to seeing Tulips, and Daffodils and Crocuses.

   On February 2, which was ground-hog day, Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog from Eastern Pennsylvania, did not see his shadow.  This supposedly means an early spring.  If the ground hog had seen his shadow that would have meant 6 more weeks of winter.  But wait, 6 weeks from Feb. 02 brings us to March 21  which is  the first calendar day of spring.   

   But I've already noticed that the days are getting longer; the Sun's coming up earlier, and daylight last longer.  I've already purchased tulips.  So I am looking for Spring.  Regardless of the weather, whatever punches, winter still has left, and remember I live in Michigan, I am in the Spring mode.

Spring is Coming Soon!

No comments: