Monday, February 25, 2013

HOORAY, IT'S MONDAY

      This past Friday night, I was at the Apple store in Troy Michigan which is in Suburban Detroit.  The previous Saturday, I had taken my computer, which is a MacBook Pro in for service.  The laptop shut down on me, and wouldn't come back up.  The verdict was Tier 4 Accidental Damage. I was careless, and spilled liquid on it.  I was without the computer, an entire week, which is why I didn't do any blog posts Monday - Friday this week.  Anyway, I picked up the computer on Friday.  After I had picked it up, I wanted to buy an extra power adaptor.  I tracked down a salesman who helped me.  As I got talking to him, he told me that he couldn't wait to get off of work in a couple of hours.  I answered, "you'll start the weekend".  He told me, "I have a weekend that is in the middle of the week."   I mentioned to him, "This summer, I retired from my job, and I have a weekend that lasts all week; and my best day is Monday."  

      That is what time freedom is all about. In a book that I am reading, the encouragement was given, "Give yourself a promotion.   That was one of the issues for which I was wanting to work longer.  I was seeking a promotion so I could enhance the annuity on my pension.  The picture came to me since I retired, that I have given my self a promotion. 

     You know, how if you're working in corporate America that you dread Monday, well I feel very fortunate that Sundays and Mondays are my favorite days of the week.

      That is why, whatever stage of life you're at, it is important that you try to attain Time Freedom, as well as Financial Freedom.

No comments: