Thursday, June 6, 2013

I STILL FEEL LIKE A YOUNG CHILD GROWING UP!

    In February, this year, I turned 60 years old.  That was 4 months ago.  Today, June 06, as I was going through my morning, all-of-a-sudden, the thoughts were coming to me:  I can't believe it, I am 60 years old!  I still feel like I am growing up.  I am youthful in my mind, and young in my spirit.  
    Last year, I did retire from my job after working for the Federal Government for 32 years.  It's been nearly 30 years since I served on active duty with the US Army.  And this month it will be 42 years since I graduated from High School.  I have gone to the same church for 42 years.  
     I've always said that everyone has a book inside of them waiting to be written.  Well, I've got a life worth of events, stories, and memories, indeed a book waiting to be written.  It only seems like just yesterday.
    This is the perfect post to follow the one I did yesterday: "Time flies when you're having fun"  For I've enjoyed my life so far.  
    As far as being just "a young child growing up", that's what I am!  You see, as a Christian, I am in God's family as a child.  He wants me to have simple child-like faith and trust; not thinking that I know anything and that I can guide the course of my own life, but looking to him as a trusting child.
    I believe that God still has further plans for my life, and the best days are still ahead.  
    I guess I am still just a child.....

No comments: