Tuesday, March 12, 2013

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS-I HATE IT!

   In our day and age, the 21st century, the idea or concept of being politically correct, or 'Political Correctness' is much in style.  The idea that one can't say things a certain way, or can't have certain opinions, or risk being considered a politically incorrect pariah, apparently has taken over much of our society.  I don't know about you...but I hate it!!!.  I am not a politically correct person, and I glad of that fact!

   I remember the first time that I was exposed to what I consider to be a 'PC' attitude.  It was in 1984, when I was serving with the US ARMY, and stationed in what was then, West Germany.  A Staff Sergeant named Jim Hardy who was one of my superiors, used the expression to me on several occasions 'right answer'.  In fact I heard him use that expression quite a bit  

   I retired from a career with IRS.  Years ago we had an expression that we called people what actually fought against paying taxes.  We called them Tax Protestors which was a good and very descriptive expression.  All of a sudden, one day we couldn't use that expression anymore.  They told us that it would hurt peoples feelings.  We had to call this particular group of non compliant tax fighters, 'Constitutionally Challenged'.  What balderdash!

No comments: