Monday, February 4, 2013

YOUNG IN MIND AND IN SPIRIT!

   

Today was my birthday.  I turned 60 years old today.  Recently, a very dear friend of mine said,  "Tom, we must face the fact that we are 'Today's Senior Citizens'.  I told her, I am not in that mindset.   As time passes, and as we see ourselves getting more years in our resume, we must not let the world's prevailing opinion of age and getting older affect us and our mindset.  We must not accept any stigma attached to the fact that we are gaining more experience, and becoming veterans to this thing we call life.

   There is no reason why you can't approach life with the same enthusiasm, sense of adventure, and the 'joi de vivre' of a person in their early 20's.  Although you live with the reality that you may take life a bit slower, and may take the stresses of life in a far different manner than you would have 20 or 30 years ago, you can still exhibit of the focus and energy of a young person.

    As for me, I will approach life with the mindset that I am only 20 or 30 in my mind in my spirit. 

No comments: