Wednesday, May 22, 2013

OF WHAT GOOD IS CELEBRITY?

During the last week I moved my place of residence.  I was out of the loop, and did not have web access May 13-18, 2013.  I now have my internet access restored and will continue my blog posts 

    Walt Disney was asked on one occasion, "How does it feel to be a celebrity?"  "It feels fine," he replied, "when it helps you get a good seat to a football game.  But it never helped me to make a good film, or a good shot in a polo game, or command the obedience of my daughter.  It doesn't even seem to keep fleas off our dogs -- and if it won't give one an advantage over a couple of fleas, then I guess there can't be much in being a celebrity after all."
  
   This anecdote from the life of Walt Disney was taken from the 'Little Brown Book of Anecdotes'  Clifton Fadiman - General Editor  p. 170 

No comments: