Sunday, July 29, 2007

NORMAL WEEKEND STUFF-GOING TO THE EASTERN MARKET

I told you that on weekends I was going to start sharing what Normal weekend stuff is for me. However this weekend is not normal because on Saturday, I attended a seminar which was entitled, "Strategies for Success" It was hosted by Tom (Big Al) Schreiter, a MLM 'Icon' and by Jerry Clark who is a TOP trainer in the Network Marketing Industry. An of course, I was successful in finding someone who filled in for me in my volunteer work that I do each Saturday in my Pastor's inner-city Ministry. So I spent 8 hours this Saturday listen to some dynamic and inspiring Information.

Normally my Saturday morning begins, after I fully wake up, and get myself together, with a trip to Detroit's Eastern Market, or farmer's market. The Eastern Market is located in a corner of downtown Detroit right behind Ford Field where the Detroit Lions play and right behind Comerica Park where the Detroit Tigers play ball.

In the late 1980's, the Church where I attend purchase some Pulpit Furniture including a Plant Stand which is located on the speaker's platform to one side of the Pulpit. Each week, a different church member donates a specified amount of money to purchase cut flowers for the Sunday services, and Wednesday night Service. More often then not a dedication is made by the person who purchased the flowers.

I have had the privilege of going to the market each week and picking out the flowers. I have been doing it for 15-20 years. I have a creative streak about me, and I really enjoy the challenge of matching different types of flowers to build a suitable arrangement.

I will relate this to Network Marketing in two ways. #1 Be creative in building your business. The sky is the limit. If you have a good company, and good people in back of you, it will take creativity, and persistence on your part to make it happen. It is not about the externa factors, it is about you and your determination. Also #2. Don't change who you are. Be yourselve. People can spot a phony a mile away.

No comments: