Monday, July 23, 2007

THE TIMELINE OF YOUR LIFE: A TREASURE TROVE OF RELATABLE STORIES

Nearly ten years ago, when I was going through a period of darkness, and intense struggle in my life, I was aware of an inner impression to construct a timeline of my life. I was to start from the earliest recollections of childhood, and continue down to the present. I was to attach 'Hard Dates' to the events as much as possible; if not I was to approximate the date; but the main thing was to keep the events in proper chronological sequence. So for 10 years or so, I've been constructing my timeline. It is definitely a work in progress; in fact it's hard for me to say how close to being finished i am. The process has been quite an encouragement and a help to me in my personal life. As I go back and recall the events which I can remember, I relive them. Not only that, but many times, not only the pictures come back to me but also the feelings that I was feeling at the time. The events of our life are recorded in our subconscious mind, and are linked together like a chain link fence. If you can picture an event or memory from the past, often times the the event or memory linked to that which you are meditating on will begin to surface also. This process has helped me to see the trail I've come over; and it has helped me to be more resolute and focused about where I'm headed But that is not the real story here. The picture which I'm trying to convey is that a Timeline can be a Treasure Trove of relatable stories, which is an aid to relationship building, and a boon in buiding a Network Marketing Business

No comments: