Wednesday, January 30, 2013

C H A N G E

         Most of my thoughts today, come from Chapter 2 of the book that I am reading from my personal development, 'Success is not an Accident' by  Tommy Newberry.  

     For most of us, change comes hard.  But change is a fact of life.  Change, whether we know it or not, happens every day.  Throughout your life, you will be changing constantly, and becoming something new; either slightly, or extensively different from the previous you.  With each change, you will either be moving closer to your true place or true identity, or further away.

   Most people let change happen to and on them.  It is an external event that occurs haphazardly and randomly.  These people find themselves molded and thrown off course by their circumstances.  But as James Allen said in his book, 'As A Man Thinketh'  "Circumstance does not make a man, it reveals him.

   I prefer to make change happen in my life, instead of being a victim of change.  As I strive to discover what God's purpose is for me, and why I am here, and keep my focus there, I will make those changes that will help me become the person that I was created to become;  therefore I make change work for me, instead of happen to me.
   

No comments: