Thursday, January 17, 2013

SUCCESS, OR MEDIOCRITY?

    I believe in Personal Development.    I think that everyday, it is important to do things that will nourish and feed the mind, spirit and soul.  We are careful to care for our physical existence; so we must take time for the spiritual person.  After all, we are really spirit beings in physical bodies.

     Currently, I am reading a book by TOMMY NEWBERRY titled, "Success is Not an Accident".  Mr. Newberry is a  motivational speaker, and an author.  He also coaches a group of people known as the 1% CLUB.  In chapter 1 of this book, he instructs that each person should have clarity on what Success means to them.  At the end of Chapter 1, one of the assignments instructs the reader to write down his own definition of Success, and also their definition of Mediocrity.

Here are mine:

Success - I believe that I am a special creation from God.  That He brought me into existence for a special purpose.  I believe that I will be successful by finding out God's plan for my life; by living my life striving and seeking to fulfill my mission.

Mediocrity - I believe that mediocrity is just living for today, and just trying to survive;  doing just enough to get by.

No comments: