Saturday, January 26, 2013

NORMAL SATURDAY STUFF

    On Fridays  when I was still working we used to ask each other if they had special plans for the weekend.  When someone asked me, I would tell them that I was planning to do normal Saturday Stuff, as I didn't have anything special, and normally I did the same thing each Saturday.
  This is what I did today:
  1. I got up at 07:00 Eastern time I got a cup of cold coffee.  I read my Bible and prayed, which I need to do every morning.  I listened to Joshua's Trail  at 08:00.  This is a Conservative Radio Talk show led by Black Americans in the Metro Detroit Area.
  2. I took my daily shower, and got dressed   I made a fresh pot of coffee; had my liquid nutrition.  I ate a sandwich, and had a cup of Fresh Hot Coffee!.
  3. Since I am retired I have been volunteering 30 hours a week to the inner-city ministry that my Pastor operates. I get there in the mornings at 10:00am.  On the way there this morning, I picked up a friend who also was a volunteer today.
  4. We got there at 10:00We have a ministry of mercy to the homeless and needy in the area.  To that end, we have a door and a window which are open 10 am - 2 pm Tuesday - Friday, and 10 am - 1 pm on Saturdays.  We give out sandwiches; hand out food bags for families with children, and try to give out  a word from God to them.
  5.  Today I finished working on Radio Notes for next Sunday's radio program; and I finished replenishing the food bag supply by putting together some more food packages.
  6. At 1:00 pm on Saturday, we form up teams to knock on doors and pass out informational flyers about our church;  going out to the neighborhood-seeking people to come and hear the Gospel of Christ
  7. From 3:00-4:00 we have a prayer meeting.  We pray for the church services the next day, but especially for our Pastor, and the people of the Church
  8. At 4:00 I check in with my friend.  I was going to offer to take him home if he could come right then.  He told me he had some other business, but he could get another way home
  9. I stopped off by a nearby deli to pick up a couple pieces of Stuffed Pizza for dinner.  I tried to get some money from the ATM but it was out of order.  I could stop at corner store to get the money I needed.  I did stop and get some cash at the corner store.  I also picked up a pound of coffee.
  10. After I got home, I put together the blog-post you are reading.
  11. I will work at my home business for 2 hours.   Then at 0900  I will listen to the Mentoring for Free Call.  Mentoring for Free is a training system for network marketers.
  12. Depending on how I feel after the call, I probably will retire for the evening, and prepare for the next day-Sunday; the Lord's Day.
SEE YOU FOR MONDAY'S POST---

No comments: