Saturday, January 26, 2013

GOAL SETTING - PART 5

     During the past several posts, I have been discussing goal setting, which can be used at the beginning of the year instead of making resolutions.  I have described how I set a goal  for each of the major areas of my life.
     Having chosen a goal, I identify the goal; make a committment to what I will accomplish; and I outline concrete incremental steps to follow, to make the accomplishment of the goal happen. 

REMEMBER:

  • Choose a magnificent goal:  Kick above your head!
  • Aim High -  'When your are shooting at a target, it is necessary to set your aim higher than you actually think the target is because over the long trajectory of time and distance, the pull of gravity, and the natural drift downward will pull your shot ever so slightly lower that where you were aiming'.
  •  Keep moving ahead.  Remember the slight edge:  Incremental forward steps taken consistently over a period of time creates unstoppable momentum.
  • The journey of 1000 miles begins with the very first step! 

No comments: